prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Millersburg, Kentucky. pop 842.

I am excited about visiting Millersburg in September. I have run across a reference about the death and place of burial of my 3rd great grandfather. I have challenged myself to get a photograph of the gravesite of  each of my eight American great grandfathers. With this information I now know the location of two of the eight gravesites.

My 3rd great grandfather was Samuel Munson who was born between 1760 and 1765. He died in a cholera epidemic in 1833. He was buried in the Millersburg Cemetery in Millersburg, Kentucky.


Millersburg is located in North Central Kentucky some 20 miles northeast of Lexington. The direct route is through Paris. I believe that the gravesites of three more of my great grandfathers are in this area. I hope to get to them all in September. Exciting, huh?

5/22/11 243.2 50.2 115 59 70 96.2 2820 78 74 0.3  

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->