prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, March 29, 2015

North Louisiana Spring Bluegrass Festival. March 2015.

What a great festival. I attended Friday and Saturday. The hall was 100 miles from my trailer in Oak Grove. I drove home at 8 pm on Friday and 10 pm on Saturday. 10 pm was better. Much less traffic.







There was an annual antique tractor pull on the way in. I went over to watch during music breaks. I have seen pulls with lawn mowers in Pennsylvania and with huge horses in Washington.

I met these three charming Ruston ladies. They were in an RV but did not have a car. I was pleased to give them several rides to town. From the left they are Bobby Ferris, Sidney Outwell, and Anita Outwell. We had a nice visit. Anita is a friend from Senior Lunch.



Friday's headliner was Clancy Ferguson from Mountain View, Arkansas. She is 16. Has been playing the fiddle and singing for years. Boy is she good.





Featured both days was the Gary Waldrep Band.


It was good to see the Palmer Family again. I have seen them in Arcadia. They get better every time I see them!



There were other bands, all good. But on Saturday Rhonda and The Rage came on. I had seen them before in Kentucky, but this time they really blew me away! I am always falling for a Rhonda! I may have been carried away taking pictures of Rhonda?













Several members in the audience had to dance.




Many of the musicians had a jam on the stage at the end of the evening,





I am posting several 30 second videos from the festival. They will be after this post.



No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->