prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, March 6, 2015

I am falling apart!

My heart, lungs, and swallowing is hanging in there, but I am falling apart above the neck. Tuesday at the VFW breakfast I touched my glasses and a screw and a lens fell out.


Richard Jones performed a paper clip repair job that held the lens in so I could drive home. I have a spare set of glasses at home. However by the time I had taken the glasses to the repair shop I had lost the lens!

Tuesday at lunch I bit into a granola bar and two teeth fell out of my uppers. Good thing I did not swallow them.


I have a spare set of uppers so I can eat. They do not work as good as the damaged set. But I can still eat popcorn. (at the basketball game last night)

I do not hear well. My left ear is waxed up almost solid.
I am working on it until I can get the ear irrigated. I have an appointment at the ear clinic at the VA next Thursday.

1. Glasses fell apart. 2. Teeth fell out. 3. Hearing kaput. What next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->