prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Jackie passed away 8 years ago. Saint Patricks Day 2007.

Jackie and I met and married in 1944. (71 years ago) We were 63 years together before she passed away.

Jackie was a good wife and mother. Several times every day I see something, I think of something, I experience something, that reminds me of how much I miss her. My body is one big sob for a moment. I really feel sad. However, one can get used to being sad. Every time I am with a couple I yearn for the presence of Jackie. I urge couples that are still together, to be thankful and enjoy each other as much as possible.


This old beat up photograph shows Jackie and I in a very happy time in our life together. It is my favorite family picture. Jackie is holding our baby, Mike. I am holding Kerry. (Today I live in my RV that is parked 25 steps from Kerry's front door) Our oldest daughter, Nancy is on the left. Oldest son Chris is on the right.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->