prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Blog number 2500!


This is the 2500th blog since I started the prune picker blog in April, 2010. It has been interesting and fun. I must say that the bloom is off. I can get bored. In five years I have posted 2500 blogs. That is about 500 a year. I plan to cut back.

Many of the blogs are autographical memories. I will use them in a memoir. I have more. As I get closer to death I can tell more. If you can not let it all hang out the day before you die, when can you? Stay tuned. There may be some juicy memories.

Many are medical updates about a senior citizen in the last days of his life. These are interesting to me. I now know much more about the human body. Sure wish I could be around to blog about my death. Have to do it now.

There has been a lot of blogs about the genealogy of the Monson family and the Ireton family. I want to put this genealogical data into a form that will make sense to people after my death.

In the meantime I am enjoying socializing with all my good friends and family in Louisiana. They are such a blessing. And going to sport events. And going to bluegrass affairs. And reading a book now and then. In about a dozen weeks, the good lord willing, I will spend my 90th birthday on Orcas Island with some of my west coast family. I hope that I make it. 90 sounds so much more distinguished than 89. I tell people that I am living my 90th year right now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->