prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Cathryn Buckley gave highlights from her book on Shiloh, Louisiana.

Cathryn was the speaker at the meeting today (3-8-2015) of the Northeast Louisiana Genealogical And Historical Society. It was a great talk on the the history of Shiloh in Union Parish. Cathryn has been collecting data on Shiloh for fifty years. I enjoyed her talk and gained a better understanding of the history of North Louisiana.







First Baptist Church of Shiloh, 1849.


Shiloh is located about an hour north of Ruston. The town was scheduled for great things but a fire burned and destroyed almost the whole downtown area. The scheduled railroad moved west to Bernice and bypassed the town. Many of the prominent early citizens of Shiloh moved south to Ruston.

Shiloh and Ruston share a lot of cultural history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->