prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Cape Disappointment Lighthouse.

Jackie and I spent a lot of time in RV parks in Long Beach, Washington area. Near to the mouth of the Columbia River.


Lots of things to do and see. The Cape Disappointment Lighthouse is on the Washington side of the Colombia River.


Also nearby was a Lewis and Clark Interpretation Center. Interesting and educational.


Also nearby was the Coast Guard Rough Water Lifeboat Training Center.



We really enjoyed the times we spent in the area. Probably a half dozen weeks altogether. I have lately found out that a cousin of mine was a Lighthouse Keeper at the Cape Disappointment Lighthouse.


I am proud of cousin Joel Munson. He not only could play the fiddle but he could save lives also!





No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->