prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

(Wireline 17) Time out for the birth of Kerry Lee.

What a wonderful thing. Kerry was born in Sacramento at the Sutter Maternity Hospital November 8, 1954. Before I start my loving praise of Kerry and how much she means to me, let say say that I love all of my children very much. I am so thankful that Jackie and I had them. They are the sharpest, best looking, most charming, most lovable people that I have ever met! (I might be a little bit biased)

Kerry is a blessing and I love her so much. She means the world to me. At the present time I am privileged to live in my fifth wheel trailer parked in her front yard. It is 25 steps from my front door to her front door.

Soon after the birth of Kerry I was transferred to Ventura. Kerry was only a couple of weeks old. When we moved into our motel Kerry slept in one of the dresser drawers. We kept the drawer open.

A year or so later (still a little baby) Kerry developed a high fever that hanged on. We were just about to take her to the hospital when the fever broke. I will never forget the terrible feeling of terror that I had about that fever. During the fever I remember going on a business trip to Ojai for lunch. All I could think about was Kerry. I had to call home. The fever broke that night or the next day. I wish that she would stop smoking.

I was excited to move to Ventura. The District had challenges such as fields with complex geology and adverse conditions such as high temperatures.









I will always remember coming home one day and Kerry's hair had been cut short.


Oh happy day!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Isn't she. I am so lucky when it comes to daughters!

      Delete
  2. What a cutie pie! That's what you call baby blues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only child out of four that had blue eyes! Thanks for you comment.

      Delete

!-- Site Meter -->