prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Memories of Ramona Jones.

Jackie and I attended Fiddle Tunes at Fort Warden in Port Townsend every year for a dozen or more years when we were living in Chimacum, Washington. Today I received and opened a brochure that presents the program for Fiddle Tunes this year.


Jackie and I loved the Fiddle Tunes show and looked forward to it every year. Some ten years ago one of the teachers at the Fiddle Tunes workshop was Ramona Jones. Ramona is the widow of Grandpa Jones. Ramona is listed in the brochure above. She is on the faculty again this year. She is the third from the right, dressed in purple. 

When I looked at the brochure I very plainly remembered Jackie and I sitting in the hall at Fort Warden and looking at Ramona who was sitting nearby. I burst into tears. 

If it works out I may go to Fiddle Tunes this year and see Ramona Jones again. And think again about that time I saw her years ago, with Jackie by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->