prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Joan of Arc Country.

While in Normandy in June, Nancy and I will be close to Rouen. This where Joan of Arc was burned alive at a stake in 1431. Joan is the youngest person in history to be given command of the army of a country. She was 17. This was during the last years of the Hundred Years War.  She was actually in charge and won some battles. Four letters signed by her as the Commander of the French Army are in existence. Her public life consisted of two years. Her last year was spent as a prisoner in the tower below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->