prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Walk with Jim Spaulding.

Jim Spaulding, Bill Friel, and I walked mornings for many years. I walked with Bill on my recent visit to Coho. Then I stopped by Vacaville to walk with Jim. Jim had told me for years about his walks in the morning around the shopping center near his home. I finally got to see it for myself. Very nice place to walk as you can see in the pics.

Jim is such a generous host. The night I arrived he said "I want to take you to a nice place for supper." When we arrived at the nice place it was closed. Hours were 7 am to 3 pm. Then Jim drove us to Chevy's, which is a fine Mexican restaurant. While we were waiting for our meals, the electrical power went out. Then he drove us to a Burger King. He told me that I could have my choice of anything on the Burger King menu. How generous can a man be?

Let me finish the story. The next morning he took me to the nice place and bought me a great breakfast. I think that I will visit Jim again!




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->