prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Hood Canal Floating Bridge opens for tall sail boat.




Top pic shows floating bridge open and a sail boat approaching. In the second pic boat has almost cleared the bridge. Third pic shows the boat is past the bridge. Bottom pic is from the roadway at just about where the bridge opens. Traffic backed up several miles during this operation.

The Hood Canal is a fjord formed by a glacier 13, 000 years ago. It was named in 1792 in honor of Admiral Lord Samuel Hood.

The bridge withstands 16 1/2 foot tides.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->