prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Birthday Party for Beverly!

The party was Saturday evening at the Smith cabin at Becket Point. I was honored to be invited. Bev had invited a neighbor and a cousin and me. Daughter Nanette and son in law Steve were in charge. That is Steve cooking the burgers.

Becket Point is a sand spit in Discovery Bay. The second pic is of the cabin. The view out the front window is toward the Strait of San Juan de Fuca (don't you like to say that name?). They can see the cruise ships going and coming between Seattle and Alaska. They believe there are three ships a day going each way. There is also a clipper ship that goes between Seattle and Victoria.

The birthday pastry was delicious and was cooked by the Birthday Girl.


.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->