prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Ediz Hook and Port Angeles

Every time Jackie and I went to Port Angeles we would drive to the end of Ediz Hook. Ediz Hook is a large sand spit that shelters the Port Angeles Harbor.

The monument is to honor Bert Thomas, the first person to swim from Port Angeles, Washington to Victoria, British Columbia across the Strait of San Juan de Fuca. It is only 18 miles!

The other two pics are of Port Angeles from Ediz Hook. Sometimes, when it is clear, there is a great view of the Olympic Mountains. Today it was cold and foggy. It is supposed to get real hot on Wednesday. All the way up to 80!

On the way back to Chimacum I stopped in Sequim and had lunch at a new IHOP with an old friend, Sharon Lee Jordan. It was nice to see her again. She is a very nice person.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->