prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The worst night of my life!

This is the comment that my son in law John said about Sunday night. That was the first night of his flu. Coughed, had chills, fever, could not sleep at all. Yes, he had taken his flu shot. He finally got up and went to the clinic.  Early Saturday morning I woke John up to take me to the emergency room. My first night of the flu was Friday night. (The worst night of my life.) I feel so bad. John was so nice to get up and accompany me to the hospital and drug store. And then I gave him the flu! John does not need any enemies with friends like me.

I hope that Kerry does not get it. The Doctor said for us to isolate her and to not get near her.

John bought my five day treatment of Theraflu Saturday morning. The cost was $38. He went to the same store Monday and the cost was $125.  He asked; "how come?" They said because I was a veteran.  I asked John how did they know that I was a veteran? That fact is listed on the form that I had filled out for a discount card for the store. Walgreens

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->