prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Botox injection in my esophagus.

A esophageal manometry test a few weeks ago indicated that my lower esophagus did not relax normally when swallowing. The Doctor recommended that Botox be injected into that area. Botox relaxes muscles.

John drove me to the Shreveport VA Hospital this morning (1/15?2015). Thank you John.

They took my vitals, hooked an iv into my hand, and lined my gurney up in the hall.



First thing I knew,  I woke up and the Botox had been injected. I hope it helps my swallowing problem. I do not think that I will go through this procedure again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->