prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Los Angeles County Fairgrounds. Pomona, California. 1942.

I came across this picture the other day on the internet.


This is where I visited with a friend through the chain link fence. My friend was Japanese. We lived in the same area of South Pomona. We would walk to school together. His home was on my way to school. I would stop at his house and we would walk together the rest of the way to school.

I do not remember his name. I wish I did. I would try to contact him.

My brother in law Butch started his 40 year police career in the area shown in the picture. This group of tar paper buildings was one the many holding areas for West Coast Japanese after Pearl Harbor. I must have been with Butch and he had my friend come to the fence and visit with me. This visit, the picture of my friend behind the chain link fence, has stayed in my memory.

The picture above really renewed the memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->