prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve and Esophageal Manometry.

What a jolly day. Jeff deadened my right nostril and inserted this tubing.


The tubing was about 15 inches long and went down my throat and out the end of my esophagus and into my stomach. I was given  swallows of water. Each swallow was observed on the manometry graph.


The red line on the right would show waves as the swallow of water went down my esophagus. The lower part of my esophagus was indicated to not relax. This could be the reason for my swallowing difficulty. 

Medical Technician Jeff and the Doctor were pleased with the test result.










I hope these nice gentlemen do not mind these candid pictures taken by their patient, the old Prunepicker. They were so competent and gracious. I want to thank them for their good work.

An appointment has been made for placing some Botox in the lower part of my esophagus. The Botox relaxes muscles. This may ease my swallowing problem.

This was an unpleasant experience. I hope that you had better things to do on Christmas Eve.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->