prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

I cried at Saturday's Bluegrass in Arcadia.

On the second Saturday of the month the North Louisiana Bluegrass Club has a four hour show in Arcadia, Louisiana. I have been going to the show for five years. One of my favorite groups in the show is a local band named Grassfire. The two ladies in the group are World Class Singers. They never sing a wrong note.

One of ladies is Angel McLemore. In looks and demeanor she has always been the essence of perkiness.


Yesterday her face was so sad as they announced that her Mother had recently passed away. She did not look the least bit perky. Her face was the face of a very very sad person. I really felt for her and a tear ran down my face. My Mother passed away in 1930. Eighty two years ago when I had just turned five. I have moments when I think of my Mother and the few memories that I have of her. I miss not ever really knowing her. I miss her. How sad it is to lose your Mother. As Grassfire did their musical numbers the perkiness returned to Angel and she looked like her old self. I wish Angel peace of mind. I know that her music is a big help.








No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->