prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Catfish dinner in Quitman, Louisiana.

The Catfish Inn in Quitman is one the best catfish houses that I have been to. I wish that it was in downtown Ruston. But it is only a 20 minute ride away. However there are catfish houses in Ruston.  A catfish house serves fried, catfish, fries, hush puppies, coleslaw, and fresh sliced onions. I was one fortunate fellow to be invited by Skip and Caroline Russell to supper there last night.

I do not know if there are catfish houses in Prune Picker country (West Coast). I do not recall one.




Another satisfied customer!



Thank you Skip and Caroline. I really enjoyed dinner and your company.

Did I mention that the Catfish Inn has all the boiled shrimp you might want?

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->