prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, September 14, 2012

I am a Mustang. From Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, California.

I graduated  with a BS in Mechanical Engineering in 1950. It was an all male school. Almost all of the students were recently discharged veterans of WW II. My monthly living allowance from the GI Bill was $115. Jackie and I were busy with our first two children. Even then $115 did not go very far so at one time I was mopping out an ice cream parlor, a beer hall, and a truck terminal almost every night to make extra money. I slept through many classes. We did not go to more than one or two football games  during our college years.




This is a view of a nearby beach. Avila Beach. We called going there college course A101. No credit but a lot of fun.



We did enjoy our years at Cal Poly. I am now enjoying my years as a Bulldog at Louisiana Tech in Ruston, Louisiana. At this end of my life I am able to go to all the football games and other Tech athletics. I do not miss many! 

I might mention that San Luis Obispo is the scene of many more of my memories. I was stationed at Camp San Luis Obispo in 1944. I met my wife Jackie on a blind date and the rest is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->