prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Nice Jeep, Good Friend.

 I had just left my car at the body shop for repairs that would take a week. Walking down the street to Buddy's I tried to call my son in law John for a ride home. He was on the deer lease with just enough cell phone signal to let us know we could not talk.

I thought to myself "Would it be too much of an imposition to call Skip Russell to give me a ride? He is out picking up quarters from his laundromats and he might be available." I decided that Skip would not mind, so I called him.




Skip drove me to his house and loaned me his nice Jeep for the week. Here I was loathe to ask for a ten minute ride home and he loans me his jeep for the week! Is that a good friend or not? I think so, thank you very much, SKIP.

In addition to being a good friend, Skip is brave. My car has been driven into twice in the last month!

1 comment:

  1. Wow -- what a super duper nice friend!! And, lucky you, nice Jeep to drive for the week. :)

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->