prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Minnie Ann Ireton

Picture taken in the Chickasha Indian Territory in Oklahoma around 1900. The photo is in good shape for being so old. Minnie was born in Texas and married David Rufus Ireton. David was 1/4 Choctaw. Minnie and David are the paternal grandparents of my wife, Jackie.

I assume that Minnie was a fine guitar player and could sing real good.

According to my calculations Jackie was 1/16 Choctaw. Our children are 1/32 Choctaw. Their children are 1/64 Choctaw. Jackie and I have great grand children who are 1/128 Choctaw.

The Choctaw Indians lived in Mississippi and were very successful at growing corn. They were the first Indian tribe to travel the "Trail of Tears" to Oklahoma.

3 comments:

  1. Minnie also had the posthumous misfortune to be my great-great grandmother, apparently, poor thing. Thanks for posting !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photo of Minnie! Would you happen to know where David and Minnie are buried? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have inspired me to do another post on Minnie. Believe she is buried in Bakersfield, probably David also. Watch for new Minnie post.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->