prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

John Howard Payne Ireton

John Howard Payne Ireton is the father of my bride, Jackie. He was known as Payne. He is the son of David Rufus and Minnie Ann Ireton. He was an oil well driller/pusher who learned his trade in the oil fields of Oklahoma and Taft, California. He spent many years over seas as a drilling superintendent. He worked in India and Saudi Arabia. The picture below was taken in Oildale, California probably in 1952.


It is a nice picture of Payne, Jackie, Chris, and Nancy. I like the picture. Nancy and Chris are sure good looking children. The group looks like friendly Choctaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->