prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Meeting of Northeast Louisiana Genealogy Society

In a discussion about the poor maintenance of the Monroe City Cemetery it was pointed out that a member of the body guard of Jefferson Davis was buried there.

1 comment:

  1. Is it this cemetery?
    Old City Cemetery
    18th & DiSiard Streets
    Monroe, LA 71201
    318-329-3296

    As this cemetery is listed as accepting current burials with the Louisiana Cemetery Board, the city is in charge of upkeep.

    Here is the contact number to file a complaint about the city to the Louisiana Cemetery Board.
    Photographs and dates of poor upkeep are oftentimes most helpful.

    LOUISIANA CEMETERY BOARD
    3445 N. Causeway Boulevard, Suite 700
    Metairie, Louisiana 70002
    Telephone (504) 838-5267
    Toll Free (866) 488-5267
    Fax (504) 838-5289

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->