prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, November 26, 2010

The Knowltons.

This is a picture of my Mother's family. I believe it was taken in 1904. It was taken in Stirling, Kansas. My Mother is the beautiful teenage girl on the left. She would have been 15,

The names of the people in the picture by front row, middle row, and top row, from left to right are;

Front row: Uncle Harold Haight, Uncle Francis Willard.
Middle row; My Mother Olive, Grandfather John Edwin, Uncle Warren Gray, Grandmother Ermina Delphine.
Top row; Uncle Clifford Hale, Uncle Jesse Lewis, Uncle Leon Mathew, Aunt Marjorie Adela.

I never met my maternal grandfather as he passed away a year before I was born. I met all my uncles and Aunt Marjorie. I spent some time with my Aunt Marjorie and Grandmother Knowlton.

The Knowltons all tended to be nice people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->