prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, November 9, 2014

I go on the stage! Arcadia Bluegrass. Saturday, November 8, 2014.

I was sure surprised.




Bluegrass Country.


County Switch.


They switched instruments!


Grassfire.


Mainstreet Connection.

After Grassfire got on the stage, Helen Whatley, the President of the North Louisiana Bluegrass Club, called for the Prunepicker to come to the stage. I was flabbergasted. I do not play an instrument and had not rehearsed a song!

The steps up to the stage are broad and do not have a railing. I get dizzy at times. It may just be old age or it could be caused by my heart medicine. I must have looked panic stricken going up the steps. On of the Grassfire band members gave me a hand. I wished that I had my cane. I appreciated the hand. Another person helped me down the steps. This episode really made me feel like an old man. Maybe I am an old man?

Helen told the members of the Bluegrass Club about my blog. She said that I put pictures and information about the Club on my blog. I have been doing this for several years. Especially about the Grassfire Band. I have been following the Band for half of their career. 

Thanks Helen for the recognition. I will have to buy a dulcimer or ? for my next trip to the stage.


Helen Whatley, President of the North Louisiana Bluegrass Club.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->