prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

I enjoyed a family weekend!


I have a family weekend every weekend but this last weekend was a lulu! It started Friday afternoon and lasted until Sunday afternoon. I sat as close as I could to all the festivities. It started with the arrival of John's sister Jeannie. A favorite person of mine. Below is a picture of John and Jeannie. Two of the nicest people that I have ever known, John is married to my baby girl, Kerry Lee.


John, Kerry, Jeannie and I went out to supper while we waited for the Millers (Justin, Katie, and Johnny Lynn) from Franklinton. Justin headed out to the Arcadia deer lease to sit in a tree for seven hours with his bow and arrow. (He did not see a deer.)

The next morning we met at the school in Ruston where my great grandson Ethan was to run the cross country mile.


Look at that bunch. Millers, Newberrys, and Adams.




Joy, Jeannie, and Katie.


The starting line.




And away they go.


Proud Mom Joy and Ethan. (and his fifth place medal)

After  stopping at the Chinese Buffet (We all stuffed ourselves on delicious food.) we headed for the woods.


Sharpshooters.




Trying out John's zip line.



Cousin Johnny Lynn and Christian painted some rocks.

Everyone sat down to watch Baylor play Texas. Joy is a proud graduate of Baylor. (Poor Texas!) This was a happy time of togetherness, as we all pulled for Baylor. I am sure that we helped them win.





Breakfast by John on Sunday morning. Then the Millers and Jeannie headed home. We had a lovely weekend. I am blessed to have such a great family. (I have more great family on the West Coast, from Corona to Modesto, in California to Woodenville, in Washington.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->