prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, October 20, 2014

Cytogenetics

The study of cells, particularly the chromosomes. How much DNA is there in a cell? Six feet. That is equivalent to 10,000 miles of spaghetti in a basketball sized container. Lots of information.

I attended a lecture today at Louisiana Tech. The lecture was given by Dr Virginia Thurston.


Dr Thurston is a graduate of Tech who went on to obtaining a doctorate and years of experience in medical genetics. Her talk was very informative, I understood some of it.


Nice lecture hall.




Justin is usually looking at a sports event like this.


I was interested in the talk because of my exposure to the use of DNA signatures in genealogy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->