prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, October 13, 2014

First Annual Dirty South Marathon. Part II. October 12, 2014.

My Prune Picker assignment. Get pictures of my friend Deena Marie Ferguson starting the race and ending the race. I had two camera batteries charged, my cell phone was charged. I was at the race site two hours early. But I failed my assignment. I was in the wrong place at the start of the race. I was out of charge at strategic times. I forgot to take my second camera battery. I could not read my iphone at the finish. I will probably lose my Prune Picker photographer position!

I did get pictures of Deena before and after the race.


Deena before the race in front of the Ike Turner Pavilion.




Two pics of Deena and her running buddies.


Willie started the race with his duck call.


The runners have a chip that logs their start and finish times.


Along the route in Old Monroe.



These men pushed their passengers all the way!


Deena is in this group approaching my spot. At the critical time my battery was dead.


Running buddies after the race.


Craig and Deena Marie Ferguson. Two important people. Craig is a English Teacher. I think teaching English is a fascinating and important occupation. I have much respect for English Teachers. Beside running marathons Deena is the Manager of my local Ruston Starbucks. She has graciously served me many cups of delicious coffee over the years, with a smile. I think that working at Starbuck is also an important occupation.





No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->