prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Margaret Shadow has passed away.

She was loved in her chosen city of Ruston, Louisiana and will be missed. I was out of town and was not able to attend the funeral. Today I received the following comment from Taylor Bennington. I am using this blog to answer the note. Taylor, I am so sorry to pass on the sad news. How did Margaret become a celebrity in your city? She was a celebrity here.

Dear Prune Picker,

We hate to sound so harsh, but is Margaret still living? I am a reporter with our local newspaper here in Ohio and she has become somewhat of a local celebrity and we would like to interview her.

Feel free to email me at tbenn96@gmail.com

-Trent
R
I am giving a link to some of the posts that I posted over the years with Margaret as the subject. She was a favorite subject for me. She was a favorite person for me. She was a fellow prune picker. She was born in Santa Monica, California.

See link. Margaret's100th Birthday Party
See link. Margaret's 98th Birthday Party
See link. Margaret's 99th Birthday Party
See link. Margaret's lovely home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->