prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Little Old Lady From Pasadena.

I have found her! She is alive and well and living in Ruston. Louisiana. She is Margaret Shadow.


Margaret was born in Pasadena, California in 1914. She moved to Ruston around 1930. She is still the little old lady from Pasadena. I was so happy to meet her when I started going to the Senior Center. She and I are fellow prune pickers! She had lived in Santa Monica for awhile. She is really a very nice person and a sharp bridge player. Margaret drives herself to lunch in her red Camry. Very good for a 99 year old.

I was thrilled to be at her 99th Birthday Party yesterday at the Senior Center. 




Following are various pictures I took of the party.

















Lots of friends and loving family. Happy Birthday, Margaret.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->