prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

These are busy days.

Had something to do every day from last Thursday to tomorrow, Monday. Have not been able to fit in much genealogy research.

THURSDAY. Arrived at 8 am at the VA Clinic in Monroe to give a fasting blood sample. The man took about eight vials and mentioned that the Doctor was having a complete blood work up. My doc, Dr Carter, is really unloading on me (I probably deserve it). Ordered support hose, prescribed a water pill, another prostate shinker, gerd medicine, and a potassium supplement. She has set me up for stress test, heart echo test and a test of my neck arteries.

I will prove what great shape I am in if I live through all these tests!

After giving blood I gassed up at Hart's Corner in Swartz and visited with Rosa Blakley.

Drove back to Ruston to attend a lunch meeting at the VFW.

FRIDAY. Lunch at the Senior Center. Good old stuffed bell pepper. At six I went to a Techster Volley Ball game. First game of the season.



SATURDAY. Drove to Monroe to attend a track meet, Grandson Ethan ran a good race. I was proud of him. He has great running style.

Back to Ruston for another volley ball game at 10 am. Then to Arcada for the monthly bluegrass show at 1 pm.




In the evening I opted to stay home and watch the LSU football game on RV with John. Skipped a volleyball game.

SUNDAY. Drove to the Monroe library to attend a history/genealogy meeting. Excellent talk by Nell Calloway. She is in charge of the Chennault Aviation and Military Museum in Monroe. Her story of a vet and the traveling Vietnam Wall had me in tears.


MONDAY. At 1 pm a meeting of the Board of Directors of the Senior Center. I am glad that I will go off the board in October after serving six years.



No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->