prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Prunepicker Blog Post #2001.

This is my post number 2001 to my Prunepicker Blog.  I hope that you have enjoyed one or two of them. Writing the posts keep me busy thinking. I learn a lot, go places, and recall many memories doing the blog. It will be four years on April 10, 2010 since my first post.

I am planning to write my life story. I will write the story as blog posts, then combine later. I hope some of my life story might be interesting. I will divide it up as follows. Of course I will have posts about current Prunepicker affairs. I have to keep you up on Basketball, etc.

Part 1: Birth to Army. This will include memories of my parents and my eight siblings. Age zero to 17.
Part 2: Army. Age 17 to 21. Pacific, Peleliu and Okinawa
Part 3: College. Age 21 to 25. Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, California
Part 4: Working. Age 25 to 60. Different oilfield areas
Part 5:  RVing. Jackie and I living in a fifth wheel trailer. Summers on the Olympic Peninsula, winters traveling. Age 60 to 82.
Part 6:  Living without Jackie. Age 82 to 88. Ruston, Louisiana. Trailer parked in daughter's yard.

Right now I am working on Part 2: Army. I have listed my Army trips in a blog and getting drafted in recent posts. Next is about the reception center in the next post.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Mr. Chuck!
    Can't wait to read your book. Keep at it, your fans are waiting!
    Love and Hugs,
    A.B.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->