prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Munson Buggy. First gasoline-electric hybrid car. 1898.

The latest thing in automobiles is the gasoline-electric hybrid car. They are common now. The very first one was developed in 1898 by The Munson Company of La Porte, IN.



The car worked, but was not a commercial success. The company went bankrupt in two years, in 1900.

The Munson had their hands in a lot of developments, combat boots, firearms, shipping, barbed wire, typewriters, telegraph,  etc.






1 comment:

  1. Great post full of useful tips! My site is fairly new and I am also having a hard time getting my readers to leave comments. Analytics shows they are coming to the site but I have a feeling “nobody wants to be first”. Elia And Ponto

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->