prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Riding shotgun for Jewette.

Jewette Farley is driving to Mountain View, Arkansas to close on a fishing camp. He asked me to ride shotgun, I guess Sue is busy. He said he would buy me dinner and take me to the downtown square in Mountain View where there is music jamming every day. How could I refuse?


It is a five hour drive. We will leave (a week from) Thursday morning and return Friday noon. I am looking forward to the trip. Mountain View is in a very pretty part of Arkansas. It is trout fishing country.

I have always wanted to see the country music jamming that takes place everyday in Mountain View. Jackie and I drove there one day but we were there in the middle of the day and the jamming had not started. We also went to Grandpa Jones's Restaurant but he was not there that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->