prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ho- Hum Saturday.

Yesterday I really goofed around. I should stop goofing and get to packing. I spent an hour and a half at the Jefferson CornerSports Fan Club. Looked up some new words on google for the group. Eftsoons, rasher, whole nine yards, Lake Tawakoni, and the distance to a city in Texas. I have been designated to be the "check with google" man. Largely because I do it when any thing that can be googled comes up. I am a volunteer.

Then over to the Cook Street Park and take a walk.

Home for a blog.

Visit the Ruston Farmers Market for some pictures and then a blog.

At one o'clock go to the Techsters softball game. They blew out Nevada. See scoreboard. Game stopped when the Techsters were eight runs ahead. The Techsters had 15 hits.


After the softball game I went to the Lambright Recreation Center to walk on the air conditioned track for a half hour. While walking in and out of Lambright I noticed that the swimming pool was being well used. Both the indoor and the outdoor. I would have taken some pictures but was afraid that I would be called a dirty old man.

Then to the baseball diamond to see the Tech Bulldogs play Hawaii. It was a hot day. Only two out in the sun on tightwad hill, others were in the shade. We won the game.




The traditional after the game handshake.








No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->