prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mobile Hotspot on an iphone.

I ordered the new iphone 4s with Mobile Hotspot service. I am very uncertain that I will be able to get Hughes Net at John and Kerry's new home. The trees only permit a view of the sky from the very top of the house. The router should send a signal to Kerry's computer but I do not know if the router will be able to send a signal to my trailer. My trailer will be very close to where the camera was located when the picture below was shot.

I sat yesterday about where my trailer will be and tested the phone Mobile Hotspot for several hours. It worked pretty good. With the phone hotspot I can surf anywhere there is a cell signal. This could be handy on trips. It will be good to say good by to Hughes Net. We will see how it goes.

That would be replacing a dish, a control box, and a router with a cell phone. There is a charge from AT & T for the mobile hotspot service.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->