prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Home sweet home!

Home again. My Hitch Hiker fifth wheel home sure looks good. I was on my trip for 25 days, My car looks happy to be in the garage again.



My trip last year was 75 days. I do not know how I did it. This 25 day trip seemed long. I think my long trip days are over. However, I am really looking forward to a 21 day trip next May with my daughter Nancy. Our plans now are to spend 2 weeks in England and a week in France.

Now for the fun part of this blog. Trip statistics!

Gone 25 days.
Drove 4800 miles.
Used 152 gal of gas. Average mpg was 31.4
Paid $545 for gas. Average $/gal was $3.58. Price ranged from $3.79 to $3.21.
Stayed in motel/hotels for 23 nights.
Total hotel cost was $2040. Average $/day was $89. Price ranged from $35 to $145.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think I married my father. Bob loves those numerical statistics,too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can't count it, maybe it didn't happen :)

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->