prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

2011 Trip. Recap of activities.


Place
Activity
Springfield, Illinois
1. Attend Federation of Genealogical Societies Convention. 4 days.
2. Visit Lincoln Library and Museum.
3. Visit Lincoln Tomb.
Potomac, Maryland
1. Visit nephew Daryl Butcher and his wife, Jane.
2.Take my son’s ashes to Arlington National Cemetery. Brief ceremony. Chris’s ashes were placed in the gravesite with his mother’s ashes.
3. Visit the Holocaust Museum.
New Haven, Connecticut
1. Visit Grove Street Cemetery to visit the gravestone of my 8th great grandfather. This is the only gravestone of 8 great grandfathers that I was able to find.
2. Visit cemetery in Wallingford. No luck.
3. Visit Peabody Museum.
4. Go to volleyball game at Yale. Team name of Yale is the Bulldogs. Same as LA Tech.  8 of the 13 team members were from California, so of course, they won,
Morristown, New Jersey
Visit cemetery at Presbyterian Church. No luck.
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
1. Visit Philadelphia, Independence Hall, and Liberty Bell.
2. Visit Benjamin Franklin Grave.
3. Tour Valley Forge.
Shanksville. Pennsylvania
Visit the Flight 93 Memorial.
Georgetown, Kentucky
1. Visit and research in Kentucky History Center in Frankfort.
2, Visit Daniel Boone gravestone.
3, Tour Toyota plant in Georgetown.
4. Take conducted tour of horse farms in Lexington area.
5. Visit Battle of Blue Lick Memorial.
6. Visit cemeteries in Millersburg, Mt Olivet, and Kentontown. No luck
7. Visit grave of Grandfather in Fort Mitchell.
Rosine, Kentucky
1. Visit grave of Bill Monroe.
2. Attend four days of Jerusalem Ridge Bluegrass Celebration. 50 bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->