prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

North Louisiana Bluegrass Club December Meeting

The Club meets in the defunct RR Station in Arcadia. It is a 30 minute drive from home. Today there was a potluck lunch.

It was good. I took a bucket with 16 pieces of KFC fried chicken. To my surprise I brought 6 pieces home. It was the original recipe.

This picture shows how close the tracks are to the music. A train going by shakes the whole building.


The music was good. I think that I heard every Christmas Carol and most of the gospel songs.

This group is named Grassfire. They have played together for 8 years. They are very good and are a favorite group of mine.

This bulletin board indicates that there was music from one to almost five. I was there for all of it.

The last group had some Texans in it and got a little lively. The man on the bass is singing a rousing version of the old bluegrass favorite "Home grown tomaters!"

It was a long hard day but I enjoyed it.

1 comment:

!-- Site Meter -->