prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Funeral of Dayton Doughty

Dayton Doughty, a friend from the Senior Lunches and from the VFW Post passed away Sunday evening. The Funeral was scheduled for this afternoon. I had decided that I was not going to attend, primarily because I do not like funerals. This morning JD Harper called. JD is the Commander of the VFW Post and was getting a head count of how many VFW members were going to attend Dayton's Funeral. I told him that I did not plan to attend. JD very graciously said "no problem".

From that moment on I was beset with a fierce guilty conscience that compelled me to attend the funeral. I am glad I did. I believe that my presence was appreciated and I can now live with myself.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->