prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dubach the Dogtrot Capital of the World

Did you know that Dubach, Louisiana is the dogtrot capital of the world?

It must be or the above sign is incorrect.

The dogtrot house above has been moved to here and reconstructed. It is very old. Dogtrot houses were used a lot in this area of North Central Louisiana.

This is a photo of the house and the people who lived there in 1920. Notice the different roof.

During the Dubach Chicken Days there was "Picking on the Porch".

These gentlemen are great musicians. I really enjoyed the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->