prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, September 23, 2017

She said; "I have full blown alzheimers"

It was a relief to hear these words from Rosa. Now I could talk with her about this sad fact. I touched her hand and told her I was sorry. We spent an hour talking about death and friends we have seen die from this terrible disease. Rosa said that did not mean she was going to die tomorrow.

We sat close together (so I could hear her) and looked out into the yard. We visited a long time. We have previously told each other the story of our lives several times. I have dementia so we are like cousins. We had similar childhoods in some ways.

I suggested that we go to Olive Garden and have lunch.



We had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->