prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Feeding hogs in the Piney Woods of North Louisiana.

I rode shotgun this morning for John Morgan Adams. He wanted to bait some hog traps with yummy stinky corn. He wants to train the hogs to enter the trap. In a week or two the traps will be set to trap any hog who enters to eat John's corn.

The traps are in a 500 acre deer lease that John participates in. The lease lies south of Arcadia along Jot-um-down Road. John wanted to bait his traps and also stop by the deer lease camp to pick up some scrap wood.


Like experienced hog hunters we stopped at Gap Farms to have a delicious sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit. They are gourmet!




John opens a gate into the lease.


Thick piney woods.


There is light at the end of the tunnel.


John baiting trap one of two.




John is walking into the location of trap two. The traps will be full of hogs soon.


Gate and road to the camp.



The fancy main building.


Pond view from the porch.


This is the location for sighting in your deer rifle.


Hello? The camp has TV?



One of the extensive collection of out buildings.


A camp boat.



John and I had a busy morning. Ready to head home. It is not easy to be a hog hunter in the piney woods of North Louisiana/

1 comment:

  1. I like that big hunt shack with AC units on each end. And all that lush Louisiana greenery looks great.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->