prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

I attended a lecture on Civil War Medicine.

It was a very good interesting lecture. I really enjoyed it. I wanted to show them my bullet wounds from WW II but did not see an opportunity.

Dr Tom Pressly gave the lecture. He is a rheumatologist in Shreveport. He is an expert on Civil War medical practices. He has an extensive collection of historic medical tools.



Doctor Tom said 800,000 died during the Civil War. Different authorities have different estimates.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->