prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Start the countdown! Trip to Orcas Island and 90th birthday.

In 106 days I will celebrate my 90th birthday. July 20. I will be on Orcas Island. I will be the guest of my daughter Nancy and her husband Bob Wright at their family reunion. Maybe they will have a birthday cake. The Wright's four children with two spouses, and five grandchildren will be there.

Let me tell you about my trip. Orcas Island is the second largest of the San Juan Islands.


The San Juan Islands are about 2500 miles from Ruston in the NW corner of the State of Washington.
They are located between Washington and the Island of Vancouver. (in red circle) A ferry runs through the islands between Anacortes in Washington and Sidney on Vancouver Island.


The ferry boat ride is very scenic. That is Mount Baker in the background.


The Wright family reunion will be at the West Beach Resort on Orcas Island. (about the third ferry boat stop from Anacortes)


I am really excited about the trip. I miss seeing my five West Coast great grandchildren. And my four West Coast grandchildren.  I miss seeing Bob and Nancy. I am counting the days. I will get to spend a week with them! I am sorry that I will not get to see my San Joaquin Valley family members.

Maybe we will see an Orca Whale. (also known as Killer Whale)



No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->