prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, September 20, 2013

Happy 226th Birthday to the US Constitution.

I went down to the Lincoln Parish Library and attended a program to honor and think about the US Constitution. It was conducted by the DAR.

226n years is not that long. My 3rd great grandfather, Samuel Munson, was a teen ager when it was written. That is only five generations from me. I hope that it last a thousand generations.







Melissa Wiygul gave an interesting talk on many little known details about the writing of the Constitution.

I know that our constitution is not perfect, (what is?) but I think that it is great that we have one. 


1 comment:

  1. Ross has to learn the preamble to recite in class for next Tuesday. We learned that Constitution Day was just a few weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->