prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Saint Patrick's Day.

Saint Patrick's Day has special significance to me. Six years ago today my wife Jackie passed away. It seems like a long time.

Jackie's paternal ancestors, the Iretons came from Ireland. Jackie's Father, Payne was half Choctaw. He was raised in the Indian Territory in Oklahoma. Payne worked in the well drilling industry most of his life.

I like this picture of Payne and Jackie.


I am planning a genealogy trip to Ireton country in Oklahoma this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->