prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

99th Annual Washington Parish Fair and Parade

The Fair is really a big deal here. All Franklinton Schools shut down for a week.

In the Parade were tractors.

There were about 20 tractors!

Lots of spectators.

John was up reaching for candy and a boy on a float threw him some and yelled "Here you are Old Man!" John was tickled. I guess he was proud to be taken for an old man.


There were bands.


And the Navy Jazz Band from New Orleans.


Three nice ladies. Katie and Johnny Miller and Mrs John Adams.

John likes beads!

Lots of horses.


And Queens.


The Navy Band played at the Fairgrounds.


My grandson in law, Justin Miller, works for Magee. I hope they sell a lot of cars!


More bands!


Don't let the fair get by you!
Roxy, the Miller's dog is sure good looking.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Chuck,
    I just found your 2010 Fair photos. They are fantastic photos. I have the Washington Parish Facebook page and am gathering photos for Washington Parish history. May I use your photos for the page?
    Thank you,
    Bonnie Dier
    https://www.facebook.com/washingtonparishlouisiana?ref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chuck,
    Enjoyed your blog info and photos! Hope you'll be in Franklinton for this years 100th anniversary of the Fair! Justin is a friend of my boys. I did a blog when my husband and I made a "dream come true" trip to Europe, and I loved doing it, so I understand your thoughts on blogging. Check it out at www.flemingsineurope.blogspot.com You'll see that I have enjoyed genealogy for quite some time. Hope to see you at the fair!! Jennifer Fleming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie
    You have my ok to use my pictures I am glad that you like them.
    Chuck Monson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I will give you credit for using them.

      Delete
  4. Hi JEnnifer
    I am glad you like my pictures. I looked at your blogs and thought they were beautiful. You really had a trip. I hope to go to England and France next year. I might get to Franklinton for the parade. I will tell the Millers that we have corresponded. Chuck Monson

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->